(Nags Head, N.C.) The annual St. Patrick's Day parade will take place at 1 pm on Sunday, March 18, 2012 rain or shine. Note that at 12 pm on parade day, S. Virginia Dare Trail (aka the Beach Road) will be closed from Eighth Street (at the Nags Head/Kill Devil Hills town line) south to Hollowell Street. If you plan to drink alcohol during the parade, please read the tips below.
- Malt beverages (beer/wine coolers) are allowed to be possessed and consumed in public areas to include sidewalks, roadsides, parade route, etc.
- Spirituous liquor (includes mixed beverages) are NOT allowed to be possessed or consumed in any public area which includes sidewalks, roadsides, parade route, etc.
- Alcoholic beverages (spirituous liquor/including mixed beverages and malt beverages) that are purchased at a restaurant must remain on that establishment’s property.
- Open containers and/or the consumption of any alcoholic beverage in a vehicle are prohibited.
- No personal alcoholic beverages (spirituous liquor, mixed beverages, malt beverages, beer/wine coolers) may be brought onto the property of a restaurant.
- No alcoholic beverages may be possessed or consumed on any property owned by the Dare County Board of Education (Nags Head Elementary School and Board of Education Administration building parking areas).
- If you plan to drink alcohol, consider using a designated driver.